Sep 16, 2016

LET'S DIG A HOLE & FILL IT WITH WATER

A percolation test - "perc test" - determines how quickly water is absorbed into the soil

A perc test determines the soil's ability to absorb water

Percolation tests provide crucial information that is used to design, size & locate a septic system's dispersal field

Several holes are dug in the areas of the proposed dispersal field & presoaked for a certain amount of time




The test begins by filling the holes with water to a certain level, then timing & measuring the water level drop, which determines the percolation rate

Usually expressed in "inches per minute", the soil percolation rate is the number of inches the water level dropped over time

Example: test hole #1 showed a percolation rate of 3 inches in 30 minutes






If your property's perc rate is too fast or too slow, you may need to install an AquaKlear advanced treatment unit to mitigate your soil issues




(844) 224-2782 (AQUA)
Better Than Septic
Use Your Water Twice®



© 2016 Better Than Septic



2 comments:

  1. I really loved reading your blog. It is very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike so many other blogs I have read which are really not that good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact, after reading, I shared it with my friends and everyone liked it!
    You may like a beautiful blog on -
    Top 5 septic systems that you should know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say thank you for sharing a great information.I've read a lot of blogs but most of them are boring. Your article made me feel fascinating. I am going to share this information with my friends on social media networking sites!deltona septic service

    ReplyDelete